Proszowice is a small town in the southern part of Poland. It is situated in the region of Ma?polska. It is the capital of Proszowice County. The mayor of Proszowice is Jan Makowski. Our town is very beautiful and nice. There are amazing views, fantastic places, fresh air and wonderful nature here. People here are honest, generous, helpful and kind. Proszowice has a very interesting history. Many famous people used to lived here, for example:
- Stańczyk - he was a clown. He lived in royal mayor houses. Stańczyk comes from Proszowice.
- Józef Pawłowski - he was born in Proszowice. He was a priest of the Roman Catholic Church. Józef Pawłowski died in the concentration camp in Dachau in 1942. In Proszowice there is the monument of Józef Pawłowski.
- Tadeusz Kościuszko - he was a polish and american general. He was a Commander of Polish uprising called Insurrection. He died in 1817 in Soluro.
You should arrive here in order to see wonderful buildings and places. There are a few restaurants in our city, a local park, a market, a community centre and a small music school. We described a few of them:
- The Biblical Garden - is the most beautiful place in Proszowice. There are unique plants with were described in the Bible. The Biblical Garden is the only garden of this kind in Poland
- Church of Saint Maria is the most ancient place in Proszowice. Between 1306 and 1308 it was burnt and rebuild. It is a small but beautiful building.
- Proszowianka - The Sport Club in Proszowice where you can learn to play football and volleyball.
In Proszowice we have got a beautiful park where you can go for a walk every day.
We hope you got interested in our town - we tried to give you a picture of our region. Maybe it is not very spectacular but we love it as it is our hometown. To appreciate the place and the people here you must come to Proszowice. WELCOME!